Thirstic is the first smart water drink reminder that adapts to your daily activity and the current weather conditions.
Doing your regular workout on Tuesday and Thursday evening? Thirstic will learn the patterns and update your suggested water intake automatically. Heatwave on the horizont? Your suggested water intake will automatically increase. I think you got the idea! 😊 The app automatically updates your estimated water needs in the background and sends a reminder as soon as you reaches your preferred water needs threshold. For example, Thirstic will send a notification if it’s time to drink your preferred intake threshold.
In the app settings, you can customize the parameters of this calculation, resulting in higher or lower daily water intake goals. Thirstic works best with Apple Watch or any other fitness tracker that writes active and resting energy into your Health app. If this data is not available, Thirstic uses the build-in step counter from the iPhone to estimate your daily activity and water needs.
Privacy and data security is a key concept of Thirstic. The analysis of your fitness data is performed locally, on your device. Your water intake is stored securely in the Health app. Your activity or health data never leaves your iPhone!
So what makes Thirstic unique?
- Adaptiveness: Adapts your daily water needs based on your activity and the weather conditions
- Customization: The parameters for the dynamic water needs estimate can be configured in the app settings
- Smart reminders: Sends reminders if it’s time to drink a specified water threshold (example: 300 ml or 10 fl oz)
- Healthy habits: Assists drinking in small amounts throughout the day
- Design: A minimalistic and intuitive user interface
- Daily statistics: Diagrams allow a comparison between water intake and estimated water needs
- Privacy: All health data is processed and stored on the device and never leaves it
Thirstic is a free download on the App Store and all basic features can be used without any costs. More advanced features (like access to weather data) require an in-app subscription or an one-time purchase with no expiry.
If you would like to know the story behind this app and why I developed it, you can read more in my Behind the Scenes: Shipping Thirstic blog post. So, all that’s left to say for me is: Don’t forget to have some water! 🏃🏻♂️☀️