Thirstic is the first smart water drink reminder that automatically adapts to your activity and the weather conditions. Doing your regular workout on Tuesday and Thursday evening? Thirstic will learn the patterns and update your suggested water intake automatically. Heatwave on the horizont? Your suggested water intake will automatically increase. I think you got the idea! 😊
The app automatically updates your estimated water needs in the background and sends a reminder as soon as you reaches your preferred water needs threshold. For example, Thirstic will send a notification if it’s time to drink another 300 ml (10 fl oz). In the app settings, you can customize the parameters of this calculation, resulting in higher or lower daily water intake goals.
Thirstic works best if you have daily data for active and resting energy in your Health app (Apple Watch and many other fitness bands do this). Otherwise, Thirstic uses the build-in step counter from the iPhone to estimate your daily activity and water needs.
Privacy and data security is a key concept of Thirstic. The analysis of your fitness data is performed locally, on your device. Your water intake is stored securely in the Health app. Your activity or health data never leaves your iPhone!
So what makes Thirstic unique?
- Automatically estimates water needs based on activity and the weather conditions.
- The parameters of the water needs estimate can be configured in the app settings.
- Sends reminders if it’s time to drink a specified water threshold (example: 300 ml or 10 fl oz).
- Assists drinking in small amounts throughout the day. Sipping water is healthy! 😌
- A minimalistic and intuitive user interface.
- Daily statistics that allow a comparison between water intake and estimated water needs.
- Privacy. All data is processed and stored your device.
I hope you give the app a try! It’s a free download on the App Store and all basic features can be used without any costs. More advanced features (like access to weather data) require an in-app subscription or an one-time purchase with no expiry.
If you would like to know the story behind this app and why I developed it, you can read more in my Behind the Scenes: Shipping Thirstic to the App Store blog post.
So, all that’s left to say for me is: Don’t forget to have some water! 🏃🏻♂️☀️