About a month ago Apple announced the all new iPhone X with the slogan “it’s all screen”. For the 10th anniversary iPhone Apple decided to go with something completely new: an all screen iPhone, without bezels – at least if your not looking at that top notch. 😉
When I designed NetSnips 5 years ago for the tiny iPhone 3.5″ screen, I wanted that users can place their web snippets anywhere on the screen, without wasting space for infrequently used UI elements. Content was king and I still believe it is. Today’s NetSnips update (version 3.5) emphasizes this design even more with an optimized dashboard for the all-screen iPhone.
This update also squeezes some bugs for the notification center widget and snippet update process. These are the full release notes:
What’s new in version 3.5:
- Added compatibility for iPhone X and optimized for iOS 11
- The full web page for a snippets is now opened in Apple’s default in-app browser (SFSafariWebViewController)
- Fixed a problem for the Notification Center widget, which prevented it from completing the update process on some devices (stuck on 95% progress or displayed ‘unable to load’)
- Fixed a crash when tapping on snippets and opening the in-app browser under some circumstances
- Fixed a crash when saving the snippet screenshot to Photos app
- Fixed an update problem for snippets that use zoomed-in web pages
Have fun with the new update and if you have a minute, please leave a review on the App Store. Your help is very much appreciated, thank you!